Aficio SP 4310N MICR
A scalable business printer solution.
|The highly affordable Aficio SP 4310N MICR delivers impressive speed and superior black & white image quality, plus advanced security and workflow tools — all in a compact design that helps cost-conscious customers and mid-size businesses reduce total cost of ownership. This SP 4310N MICR solution will also enable your customer to interchange with regular AIO toner cartridges when they want to use the printer for their everyday printing needs. MICR or Magnetic Ink Character Recognition is a technology adopted mainly by the Financial & Insurance industries to facilitate the processing of cheques and other security-type of documents such as: Money Orders, Bank Drafts, Deposit Slips, POS Contingency Vouchers, Settlement Vouchers, Inter-member Debit Vouchers, and Image Replacement Documents (IRDs).|
- The Aficio SP 4310N MICR features Ricoh's proven 15,000-page yield All-In-One print cartridge technology for maximum reliability, ease of use, and low total cost of ownership.
- Prints 37-ppm output speed, 1,600-sheet maximum paper capacity, and 150,000-print/month maximum duty cycle.
- Employs Ricoh's premier GW Architecture Controller, featuring 466 MHz CPU and 256 MB/512 MB RAM memory configuration for familiar operability
- A standard and optional interfaces, an optional 80 GB Hard Disk Drive with a 9,000-page document storage capacity, plus many of the same workflow tools (IPDS, UNIX/Linux support, MICR, Web Image Monitor, @Remote, etc.) of its predecessor
- The Printer Driver Editor feature allows administrators to set and lock driver settings for individual users to enforce printing rules such as duplexing, N-up, and toner save mode, and even "hide" features from users to reduce TCO.
- Genuine Adobe PostScript3, not emulation, is standard for improved printing performance with support for 136 Adobe fonts.
- Increased security can be achieved with an optional 80 GB Hard Disk Drive (HDD). The HDD supports secure local document storage for up to 9,000 pages through the inclusion of a standard HDD Encryption Unit and the Data Overwrite Security System (DOSS). The HDD also enables an easy to use Locked Print feature for confidential documents.
- Print from Bypass without inputting media size or type. The printer will pull sheets from the Bypass Tray without the user having to first specify the media loaded in the tray.
- The Export Setting Function is a productive tool for large fleet customers and multi-unit accounts. All printer values and network settings can be copied to an SD Card and quickly transferred to other printers for identical operability across all devices. This is an excellent solution for when printers are to be added, replaced, or moved for redeployment or service.
- Maximize user friendliness with the informative 4-line LCD panel. View printer status at a glance, get simple maintenance guidance, and easily select stored documents for reprinting.
- Achieve affordable laser quality output with proven All-In-One print cartridge technology that delivers high yields and low cost-per-page factors. The userserviceable design saves even more by minimizing service tasks. Replace the AIO cartridge in seconds for maximum uptime and do-it-yourself convenience.
- Reduce your total cost of ownership further with an energy efficient design. Save supplies with Toner Saving Mode and optional Automatic Duplexing. Energy Star compliant.
- Manage job queues and network settings, view supply status, and initiate proactive maintenance right from your desktop using the Web Image Monitor utility. Network administrators can use Ricoh’s @Remote fleet management tool for enterprise-wide printer monitoring and optimization across multiple units and locations.
- Protect print jobs and passwords with up to 256-bit SSL data encryption to prevent information theft, interception, or falsification.
- Activate the User Code feature to restrict device access, set volume limits, and track printer usage for up to 200 individual users.
- Help ensure compliance with client/patient privacy regulations. The 80 GB Hard Disk Drive option provides a confidential Locked Print feature plus secure local document storage with advanced data encryption and overwrite protection.
- Enjoy the confidence that comes from knowing your decision to invest in the SP 4310N MICR is backed by your local authorized Ricoh dealership committed to meeting your business objectives for performance, cost control, and security.
Main Unit Specifications
Part # 406799 Technology Desktop Monochrome Laser Printer Laser beam scanning & electrophotographic printing Dual-component toner development Control Panel 4-line LCD + Integrated 12-key alphanumeric keypad Print Resolution 300 x 300 dpi
600 x 600 dpi
1200 x 600 dpi
Output Speed 37 pages per minute (Letter) First Print Speed 6.9 seconds or less Warm-Up Time 19 seconds or less
12 seconds or less (from Energy Saver mode)
Non-printable Area Approx. 1/6" (4.2 mm) around all four sides Standard Paper Supply 500-sheet Tray + 100-sheet Bypass Tray = 600 sheets Optional Paper Supply 500-sheet Paper Feed Unit (1 or 2 may be installed) Maximum Paper Capacity 1,600 sheets Auto Duplex Optional (approx. 90% productivity) Output Capacity 250 sheets, face down Acceptable Paper Sizes Standard Tray: 5.5" x 5.5" – 8.5" x 14"
(139.7 mm x 139.7 mm – 216 mm x
Bypass Tray: 2.52" x 5.5" – 8.5" x 17"
(64 mm x 139.7 mm – 216 mm x
Optional PFUs: 5.5" x 6.3" – 8.5" x 14"
(139.7 mm x 160 mm – 216 mm x
When Duplexing: 5.5" x 8.5"–
8.5" x 14"
(139.7 mm x 216 mm – 216 mm x
Acceptable Paper Weights Standard Tray: 16 – 34 lb. Bond
(60 – 130 g/m²)
Bypass Tray: 16 – 43 lb. Bond/
90 lb. Index (60 – 162 g/m²)
Optional PFUs: 16 – 34 lb. Bond
(60 – 130 g/m²)
When Duplexing: 16 – 28 lb. Bond
(60 – 105 g/m²)
Acceptable Paper Types Standard Tray: Plain Paper, Thick Paper, Preprinted Paper, Letterhead, Labels Bypass Tray: Plain Paper, Thick Paper, Preprinted Paper, Letterhead, Labels, Transparency, Envelopes Optional PFUs: Plain Paper, Thick Paper, Preprinted Paper, Letterhead, Labels Envelope Feeder: Envelopes (Installs inside optional PFU) Dimensions (W x D x H) 15.28" x 17.72" x 13.58" Main Unit only (388 mm x 450 mm x 345 mm) 15.28" x 21.37" x 13.58" w/Duplex Unit (388 mm x 543 mm x 345 mm) Weight 34.1 lb. (15.5 kg) Main Unit only
47.3 lb. (21.4 kg) w/Duplex Unit
Power Requirements 120V, 60Hz Power Consumption Maximum: 960W or less
Energy Saver: 3.9W or less
Safety Regulations UL60950-1, CAN/CSA C22.2
EMI FCC Part15 Subpart B , IC ES-003 Environmental Standard Energy Star, BAM
Print Controller Specifications
CPU 466 MHz Memory 256 MB RAM standard
512 MB RAM maximum
80 GB Hard Disk Drive (Optional)
Standard Interfaces 10/100Base-TX Ethernet
USB 2.0 Host (Type A)
USB 2.0 Hi Speed (Type B)
Dual SD/VM Card slots for expanded functionality
Optional Interfaces IEEE 802.11a/g Wireless LAN
Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T)
IEEE 1284/ECP Parallel
Printer Languages/Drivers PCL 5e
Adobe PostScript 3 + PDF Direct Print
Optional genuine IPDS
Fonts PCL: 45 fonts + 13 International fonts
PostScript 3: 136 fonts
IPDS: 108 fonts (optional)
Network Protocols TCP/IP
Supported Environments Windows XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003,
Server 2003/R2, Server 2008,
Mac OS 8.6 – 9.2x, OS X v.10.2+
Novell NetWare v 6.5
Citrix Presentation Server
Various UNIX/Linux OS
Software Utilities Bundled Utilities:
Web Image Monitor
Printer Utility for Mac
Font Manager 2000
Embedded Software Architecture
Optional Utilities: Web SmartDeviceMonitor
SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin
Standard Security Features 200 User Codes
256-bit SSL Print Job Data Encryption
Address Book & Password Encryption
IP Address Filtering
Network Protocol Management
SNMP v3 Authentication
User Lockout/Auto Logout
Optional Security Features Administrator Authentication (5 levels)
(with 80 GB HDD option)
User Authentication (3 types)
HDD Data Encryption Unit +
DataOverwrite Security System (DOSS)
(bundled with HDD option)
WPA (Wi-Fi Protect Access)
(w/IEEE 802.11a/g option)
Controller & Memory Options
128 MB RAM Memory Unit Type G Part # 402965 256 MB RAM Memory Unit Type G Part # 414046 80 GB Hard Disk Drive Type 4310 Part # 406884
Includes HDD Encryption Unit & Data Overwrite (DOSS)
Gigabit Ethernet (Type C) Part # 406914 IEEE 802.11a/g Wireless LAN (Type L) Part # 403000 IEEE 1284/ECP Parallel Interface Board (Type A) Part # 411699 IPDS Unit Type 4310 Part # 406807 SD Card for Netware Printing (Type G) Part # 406885 Data Storage Card Type A Part # 402627 VM Card Type O Part # 406678 BB-HPL10A-R High Definition Power Line Communications Ethernet Adaptor Part # 100123FNG Ships with 1 Master Adaptor, 1 Terminal Adaptor, and 2 power cords.
Additional Adaptors can be purchased separately.
Optional Paper Handling Accessories
Paper Feed Unit Type TK 1030 Part #402807 Duplex Unit AD 1000 Part #402808 Envelope Feeder Type 400* Part #400939 *The Paper Feed Unit Type TK 1030 must be purchased in order to use the Envelope Feeder Type 400
All-In-One Black Print Cartridge 15,000 prints* Maintenance Kit SP 4100 Type 120 90,000 prints* Includes Fusing Unit, Transfer Roller, Paper Feed Rollers and Friction Pads
*Declared toner yield values in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752. Actual yields may vary based on types of images printed and other factors.
This item ships with a starter AIO cartridge yielding 6,000 pages. All other consumables ship at full yield.