MP C406 Color Laser Multifunction Printer
Get fast, affordable performance in a compact package
|So you’re short on space and shorter on time. With the Ricoh MP C406 Color Laser Multifunction Printer (MFP), it’s no big deal because productive performance is within your reach. Perform every document management task — including copying, printing, scanning and faxing — from a powerful and compact device that sits on any desktop and fits every workflow.|
Stay focused on your audience
- Capture attention by giving your audience the information it wants, in the format it prefers. Create compelling, full-color documents with 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution without compromising print speed. Take advantage of a wide range of media options to toggle between postcards, letters or documents up to 8.5” x 14”. With a maximum capacity of up to 1,350 sheets, you can complete more jobs and share them with your audience with fewer delays.
Bring faster workflows closer
- There’s great information behind every smart decision. With the convenient, easy-to-use 10.1” Super VGA Smart Operation Panel, you can use one-touch controls — including Quick Copy, Quick Scan and Quick Fax options— to share information in fewer steps.
Put your touch on every project
- Use the same drag-and-drop, pinch-and-flick and swipe scrolling you use every day on your smartphones and tablets to manage jobs, information and tasks with ease. Create shortcut icons for frequently run jobs and minimize repetitive steps. Add widgets for a quick monitoring of device settings, toner levels, energy usage and more, so you can make faster, more informed workflow decisions.
Work on anything, from anywhere
- You never know when — or where — your next big idea will arrive. With optional Hotspot mobile printing, you can print from any mobile platform with Wi-Fi or internet access. You can also download the RICOH Smart Device Connector app to your personal device to connect directly to the MP C406 for fast, easy printing and scanning on the go.
Keep information where it belongs
- With user authentication, users can only access MFP controls and release print jobs after entering a passcode or swiping an identity card at the device with the optional card reader. Restrict color printing to specific users or departments to reduce costs, or set print quotas to reduce extraneous printing and help minimize waste.
Conserve energy with every job
- Go from Sleep Mode to your first print in only 8 seconds to avoid annoying, costly delays. Use Silent Mode to minimize sound and distractions for you and your coworkers. Program the device to power off/on automatically, so it’s always ready when you are — without wasting energy when you’re out of the office. Plus, the system is ENERGY STAR® certified and meets EPEAT® Gold* criteria, which helps you meet your sustainability goals.
*EPEAT rating is applicable only in the USA.
- Looking for a more basic solution? Check out the RICOH MP C306, which prints up to 31 black-and-white and full color pages per minute, and features a lower total electricity consumption (TEC) value.
Configuration Desktop Scanning Element One-dimensional solid scanning through CCD Printing Process Dry electrostatic transfer system with dual component development; 4-drum method System Memory 2 GB (RAM) Output Speed (LT) B&W – 42 ppm; Full Color – 36 ppm First Copy Time (LT) B&W – 4.9 seconds; Full-Color – 6.8 seconds Recovery Time to Print Ready Mode Less than 30 seconds – Quick Mode
Less than 66 seconds – Normal Mode (from Main Power Switch On) Less than 8 seconds (from Sleep Mode)
Copy Resolution 600 x 600 dpi Exposure Adjustment Manual and automatic Multiple Copies Up to 99 Document Feeder (Standard) Automatic Reversing Document Feeder (ARDF) Original Capacity 50 sheets (ARDF) Paper Sizes Standard Tray: 5.5" x 8.5" to 8.5" x 11"
Optional Trays: 5.5" x 8.5" to 8.5" x 14"
Bypass Tray: 5.5" x 8.5" to 8.5" x 14"
Duplex Unit: 5.5" x 8.5" to 8.5" x 14"
Paper Weights Standard Trays: 16 – 43 lb. Bond (60 – 163 g/m2)
Optional Trays: 16 – 43 lb. Bond (60 – 163 g/m2)
Bypass Tray: 16 – 58 lb. Bond (60 – 220 g/m2)
Duplex Unit: 16 – 43 lb. Bond (60 – 163 g/m2)
Exposure Glass Up to 8.5" x 14" Input Capacity Standard: 250 sheets + 100-sheet Bypass Tray
Optional: 500 sheets x 1 or 2 Trays
Maximum Capacity 1,350 sheets
Output Capacity Standard: 100 sheets
Optional: 200 sheets (total) with One Bin Tray
Paper Types Plain, Recycled, Colored, Letterhead, Preprinted, Bond, Card Stock, Special, Coated, Waterproof, Back Copied, Middle Thick, Thick, OHP (Transparency)*, Envelopes*, Label Stock* Auto Duplex Standard Zoom 25% to 400% in 1% increments Preset Reduction and Enlargement Ratios 65%, 78%, 200% Dimensions (W x D x H) 20.1" x 23.1" x 19.9" (510 mm x 588 mm x 505 mm) – includes ARDF and Operation Panel Weight 99.2 lbs. / 45 kg. Power Requirements 120V, 60Hz, 15A Power Consumption Less than 1.3 KW (max.); 0.63 W (Sleep Mode) TEC** 1.755 kWh/week Standard Features Document Server, JavaTM, Poster Copy, ID Card Copy, Auto Tray Switch, Auto Start, Auto Off Timer, Energy Saver Timer, Color Balance Adjustment, Color Balance Program, Auto Color Calibration, Combine Copy, Electronic Sort, Photo Mode, Series Copy, Job Programs, User Codes (1,000), Simplified Display, Login/Logout Button, Eco-friendly Indicator --- *Bypass Tray only.
**Typical Electricity Consumption by ENERGY STAR® Program.
CPU RM7035C – 533MHz Memory Capacity 2 GB Hard Disk Drive 320 GB Page Description Languages Standard: PCL5c/6, Genuine Adobe® PostScript®3™, PDF Direct
Optional: XPS Direct Print, PictaBridgeTM
Maximum Print Resolution 1200 x 1200 dpi Standard Interfaces Ethernet (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T), USB 2.0 (Type A and B), SD Slot Optional Interfaces Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n and IEEE 1284/ECP Network Protocol TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6) Network Operating Systems Windows /Vista/7/8/8.1/Server 2003/Server 2003R2/Server 2008/Server 2008R2/Server 2012/Server 2012R2; UNIX Filters for Sun Solaris 9/10; HP-UX 11.x/11iv2/11iv3; Red Hat® Linux Enterprise V4, V5, V6; SCO OpenServer 5.0.7/6.0; IBM AIX Version.5L, 5.3, 6.1, 7.1; SAP R/3, 3.x or later, mySAP, ERP2004 or later; Mac OSX 10.7 or later, Citrix® Presentation Server 4.5/XenApp 5.0, 6.0; IBM iSeries AS/400 Utilities @Remote, SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin and Client, Web SmartDeviceMonitor, Web Image Monitor Other Print Features Media Direct Print (Print-from USB/SD), Sample/Locked/Hold/Scheduled /Stored Print, Banner Page Print, Poster Print, Unauthorized Copy Control, User ID, User Code, Classification Code, Layout (N-up), Watermark, Collate, CLP Simulation, Bonjour Support, PDF Direct Print, Windows Active Directory Support, DDNS Support, PCL Resident Font Adoption, Universal Driver, WS Printer, 1200dpi Support, XPS Support, Auto Job Promotion, Mail to Print, PictBridgeTM
Scanning Speed 32 ipm @ 200 dpi Full-Color and B/W Simplex Scanning Resolution 100 to 600 dpi Scanning Area Main: 8.5" (216 mm)
Sub: 14.0" (356 mm)
Compression Method B/W: TIFF (MH, MR, MMR, JBIG2), Grayscale
Scan Mode B/W: Text, Text/Line Art, Text/Photo, Photo, Grayscale
Full-Color: Text/Photo, Glossy Photo, Standard Auto Color Select
Standard Interfaces Ethernet 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T, USB Type A and SD Card Optional Interfaces Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n), IEEE 1284/ECP File Formats Single/Multi Page TIFF, Single/Multi Page PDF, Single/Multi Page High Compression PDF, Single/Multi Page PDF/A and Single Page JPEG Scan Modes Scan-to-Email (POP, SMTP, TCP/IP); Scan-to Folder (SMB/FTP); Network TWAIN Scanning; Scan-to-Media (USB/SD) Standard Features WS-Scanner, Scan to Email/SMB/ FTP/URL/ Scanned File Naming, Scan File Type Selection, LDAP Support, Preview Before Transmission, PDF Encryption, Drop Out Color Send, TWAIN Scan, Universal Send, Digitally Signed PDF/PDF/A, Distributed Scan Management
Type ITU-T (CCIT) G3 Circuit PSTN, PBX Resolution 200 x 100 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi Modem Speed 33.6K – 2,400 bps with Auto Fallback Compression Method MH, MR, MMR, JBIG Scan Speed 2.4 seconds Transmission Speed Approx. 2 seconds/page (200 x 100 dpi, JBIG) Memory 4 MB (approx. 320 pages) Memory Backup 1 hour Quick Dials 2,000 numbers Group Dials 100 groups(max. 500 numbers per group) Standard Features Detection of Misplaced Documents, Double Check Destination Address, Direct SMTP, Serial Broadcasting, Fax Forward to Email/Folder, Internet Fax (T.37), IP Fax (T.38), LAN Fax, Remote Fax (option), Paperless Fax, LDAP Support, Universal Send
Paper Feed Unit PB1080
Paper Size 5.5" x 8.5" SEF, 8.5" x 14" SEF Paper Weight 16 – 43 lb. Bond (60 – 163 g/m2) Paper Capacity 500 sheets x 1 or 2 trays Dimension (WxDxH) 19.6" x 21.7" x 5.9" (498 mm x 552 mm x 150 mm) Weight 23 lbs./10.4 kg.
1 Bin Tray BN1020
Paper Size 5.5" x 8.5" SEF to 8.5" x 14" SEF Paper Weight 16 – 43 lb. Bond (60 – 163 g/m2) Paper Capacity 200 sheets (total output with standard tray)
--- Counter Interface Unit M12, Low Cabinet, Medium Cabinet, High Cabinet, Camera Direct Print Card Type M13, Fax Connection Unit Type M13, XPS Direct Print Option Type 13, IEEE 1284 Interface Board Type A, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n Interface Unit Type M2, USB Device Server Option Type M12, Copy Data Security Unit Type G, DataOverwriteSecurity Unit Type I, File Format Converter Type E, Unicode Font Package for SAP 1/, NFC Card Reader Type M13, OCR Unit Type M13, Embedded HotSpot Type S, External USB Keyboard.
Consumables and Yields*
Black 17,000 Cyan 6,000 Magenta 6,000 Yellow 6,000 *Based on 5% coverage.
--- Network User Authentication, IP Address Filtering, HDD Data Overwrite, HDD Encryption, Copy Guard Security, Secure Print, Encrypted Secure Print, Encrypted PDF Mode, Digitally Signed PDF, IP Sec, SSL/TLS, SNMPv3, SMTP over SSL, Security for IEEE 802.11i/w, IPv6, Transport Layer Security
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Some features may require additional options.
For maximum performance and yield, we recommend using genuine Ricoh parts and supplies.